trust the Spirit, God, Nature

The Buddha said that life is suffering, and this suffering is caused by  rejection of what is. That is not to say that we should not change our situation or we should not want. Paradoxically accepting what is allows us to change the future much better. Now the old post: As I was driving my […]

Follow your bliss

I wrote the following 1999: Joseph Campbell used to say follow your bliss. In a study of the Harvard 1953 graduating class 97 percent of the students chose their careers based on earning as much money as possible. The other 3 percent chose their occupations because they loved the jobs in question. In a follow […]

You are not the target

I wrote this around 1999 and the sentiment is still true: I was cleaning the pool and ended up making a loud noise near Fred (the mangy cat). Now all I was doing was cleaning the pool and I had absolutely no intention of harming Fred. However, that’s not the way he saw things. Fred […]

Ask for wisdom for your enemies and yourself

I don’t know what is going on but as I’m transferring these old posts, I’m discovering many synchronicities.  Recently I have started sending love to people I do not appreciate (mainly politicians and radio TV broadcasters). Given that I believe that these people are destroying the world (especially the USA) and lack any loving compassion […]

Persist in the face of adversity

Persistence is one of the most important precursors to success. In the I Ching we see over and over again, “Persistence leads to success.” William Blake wrote, “The fool who persists in his folly will become wise.” *** Make a list of three people with less education (or whatever) than you and they succeeded at […]

The third way of looking at new things

There’s a teaching story about an island on which there were no mangoes.  On day a cargo ship was thrown about on a storm. The ship went through the harsh ocean safely. However, a crate of mangoes fell into the ocean and landed on the island shore. The islanders who had never seen any mangoes […]

The carrot or the stick?

The Sun and the North Wind (change through gentleness and unconditional love): One day the Sun and the North Wind were hanging together and chatting. As usual the sun was humbly powerful and the North Wind was blustering and boasting. The North Wind said, “I bet I’m more powerful than you are.” The Sun replied, […]

Why Michelangelo Weight Management Seminar?

Many years ago I had the good fortune to be studying Chemistry under the Nobel prize winner, Sir Derick Barton, at Imperial College, London. The nearest underground station was South Kensington and we would walk up Exhibition Road to the Chemistry department. There was an underground tunnel which went part of the way and typically […]

One hundred percent of nothing

Many years ago I owned a cassette duplication company and made demo tapes for musicians and duplicated tapes for hypnotherapists among others. In fact that’s on of the reason’s I ended studying hypnotherapy and getting my doctorate in clinical hypnotherapy. At this time I ended up getting to know a few people in and in […]

What you put out you receive

An angry man comes to the vilage gate and asks the old man squating and basking in the bright sunlight what the village is like since he is moving to a new village. The old man says, “What was your old vilage like?” The man says,”It was awful. It was full of thieves and people […]